Fenugreek for horses is a versatile herb which has a number of benefits to good equine health and wellbeing. It is a very helpful equine digestive tonic that supports increased appetite and helps the body use the nutrients contained in food more effectively.
Fenugreek can encourage fussy eaters and is a useful tonic to support natural recovery and those who have lost condition.
Fenugreek can support lactating mares produce more milk but should not be fed to pregnant mares as it can stimulate contractions of the uterus.
Fenugreek seed contains:
- Antioxidant flavonoids
- Essential oils
- Protein and amino-acids
- Vitamins including thiamine
- Horses that are recuperating
- Horses that are fussy eaters
- Support respiratory health
- Lactating mares to support good milk production
- Support digestive health and increased appetite
- Horses that need to gain weight
Fenugreek seed (Trigonella foenum-graecum).
||g per day
|Horses and ponies
Soak seeds in water for better digestion.
A 2 kg tub fed at 40 g per day will last 50 days.
**Do NOT supplement to pregnant mares or those due to conceive**