Garlic Horslyx contains no chemical hardeners, artificial colours or preservatives and is ideal for all types of horses and ponies whether stabled or grass kept, at rest or in hard work.
All Horslyx products are manufactured in assurance with the UFAS BETA NOPS code. The Universal Feed Assurance Scheme (UFAS) and The British Equestrian Trade Association (BETA) has introduced two assurance schemes designed to reduce the risk of naturally occurring prohibited substances (NOPS) in equine feeds, thus reducing the risk of disqualification from competition when accidentally feeding any naturally occurring prohibited substances.
Garlic Horslyx offers horse owners the unique opportunity to encourage natural, trickle feeding patterns, balance the nutritional deficiencies in forage and grazing and provide a natural and effective way to help combat the problem of biting insects.
Garlic Horslyx contains optimum amounts of pure dried garlic granules together with the Horslyx high specification vitamin, mineral and trace element package which incorporates the powerful anti-oxidants vitamin E and selenium to support and maintain a strong immune system. Garlic has been fed to horses for hundreds of years for numerous health benefits. Feeding garlic as a fly repellent is not a new idea and works because high sulphur compounds in garlic are released through the skin via natural body secretions such as sweat, producing an invisible barrier that flies find repellent. Whilst still present around the horse, they seldom land on the skin and this significantly reduces the level of irritation and restlessness normally seen. Garlic also offers year round benefits including relief from coughs and natural antibiotic and anti-septic properties.
When fed alongside the correct amounts of good quality forage, Garlic Horslyx removes the need for buckets of hard feed and offers a palatable, easy to use and cost effective method of feeding your horse whilst helping reduce the irritation of pesky insects
Garlic Horslyx contains:
- Pure dried garlic granules
- The Horslyx high specification vitamin, mineral and trace element package, which is ideal for balancing nutrient deficiencies in forage and grazing
- Powerful anti-oxidants to support a healthy immune system
- High oil content to support healthy skin and coat
- Biotin, zinc and methionine for healthy hooves
How can Garlic Horslyc help your horse or pony?
- Feed in the summer to deter biting insects
- Feed all year round to offer relief and resistance to coughs and colds
- Balancing nutrient deficiencies in forage and grazing
- Reducing boredom
- Providing a weatherproof feeding solution which can be used in the stable or field
- Offering a palatable diet that requires no mixing or preparing
When first introducing Horslyx it may be necessary to monitor your horse’s consumption rate. If left with unlimited access some horses may consume higher than the recommended target intakes.
To achieve optimum, cost-effective benefit from your Horslyx we recommend you introduce it gradually into your horse’s diet. Once your horse has accepted Horslyx as part of its daily routine, free access can be allowed and the majority of horses will enjoy Horslyx as and when they need it.
|Size of animal
||5 kg will last approx.
||15 kg will last approx.
|Pony 300 kg
||200 g per day
|Horse 500 kg
||250 g per day
|Large horse 700 kg
||300 g per day
- Suitable for all horses and ponies, regardless of age
- Suitable for laminitics when introduced correctly. The rate of consumption is the key to safety - licking takes time and patience! If a horse or pony is on restricted rations of forage, we would recommend restricted access to Horslyx, as it is palatable and a hungry horse or pony may consume higher than the recommended target intakes if there is limited food on offer!
- Intakes may vary due to workload, size of animal and other feed fed
- Offer Horslyx at a minimum of two tubs when there is more than one horse, to avoid bullying
Advice from our panel of experts
More advice from our experts