Spray-on cleaner for leather clothing and accessories. Nikwax® Leather Cleaner safely revitalises the look and feel of leather, removing dirt, grease, mould and insects.
Benefits of using Nikwax® Leather Cleaner:
- Cleans dirty, tired leather clothing and equipment lifting out dirt that can attract water and mask water repellent finishes
- Revitalises the look and feel of leather without oversoftening
- Does not strip off the manufacturer’s water repellency
- Increases or maintains breathability
- Does not leave behind water attractive residues which encourage ‘wetting-out’
- Prolongs the life of gear and optimises outdoor performance
- WaterBased - environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non-flammable, non-hazardous
- Does not contain fluorocarbons
When to use Nikwax® Leather Cleaner:
- Leather clothing, equipment and accessories.
- Leather panniers, tack, car seats and general leather based products.
Always apply Nikwax® Leather Cleaner to used leather to keep items in perfect condition. We recommend you clean items with Nikwax® Leather Cleaner before proofing them with the appropriate Nikwax® proofer.
You should be able to clean reproofed garments 6 to 8 times with Nikwax® Leather Cleaner before it requires reproofing with the appropriate Nikwax® proofer.
Application (use gloves):
- Wipe surface with damp cloth or rinse under running water to remove surface dirt. Use soft nylon brush if necessary
- Lay wet item flat on suitable surface
- Hold bottle 15 cm away from item
- Apply evenly to outside of item. Rub in well, paying attention to particularly dirty areas using a soft brush to remove soiled marks
- Wipe surface with clean damp cloth
This bottle is enough to clean 1-2 items depending on the condition of the leather being treated and the size of the item.
For light/coloured leathers and soft nubuck/suede, test on a hidden area first. To clean leather footwear use Nikwax® Footwear Cleaning Gel
. To waterproof leather items treat with Nikwax® Leather Restorer
and for footwear use Nikwax® Conditioner for Leather