Wash-in waterproofing for fleece, wool, fibre-pile and synthetic fabrics including ski wear.
Nikwax® Polar Proof helps to maintain the air gap between the knit and weave, keeping the wearer warm and comfortable while repelling water from the surface in wet or humid conditions, keeping the wearer dry.
Benefits of using Nikwax® Polar Proof:
- Adds/renews water repellency and revives breathability
- Maintains insulation, keeping you warm
- Minimises weight gain
- Prolongs the life of gear and optimises performance in wet weather
- Can be used in a washing machine, no tumble drying required
- Will not affect cosmetic appearance
- WaterBased - environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non-flammable, non-hazardous
- Does not contain fluorocarbons
When to use Nikwax® Polar Proof:
- Fleece jackets, trousers, gloves and hats
- Fibre pile items worn next to the skin
- Wool sweaters, gloves and hats
- Insulated synthetic ski clothing and trousers or suits
Always apply Nikwax® Polar Proof to new or used clothing to keep items in perfect water-repellent condition. Remember to clean wash gear first with Nikwax® Tech Wash
before applying Nikwax® Polar Proof (you don’t have to wait for items to dry between cleaning and proofing).
For best results always clean item(s) first with Nikwax® Tech Wash. No need to dry item(s) before waterproofing. Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions.Machine wash:
- Remove all detergent build-up from the detergent dispenser
- Place clean garment(s) in washing machine
- Use 2 full caps (100 ml) for 1 item and 3 full caps (150 ml) for 2-3 items
- Run 30° synthetic cycle
- Immerse clean garment(s) in hand-hot water in sink or bowl
- Use 2 full caps (100 ml) for 1 item and full caps (150 ml) for 2-3 items
- Agitate to mix, leave to soak for 5 minutes, then agitate thoroughly
- Rinse in cold water until water runs clear
Drip-dry or tumble dry on a low setting if care label allows.
Advice from our panel of experts
More advice from our experts