Wash-in cleaner for all horse rugs that safely revitalises insulation and water repellency.
If a breathable waterproof rug loses its water repellency, it will suffer a severe reduction in its ability to breathe. This will lead to a build up of condensation on the inside of the rug so the horse will become clammy, cold and uncomfortable. Always use Nikwax® Rug Wash for cleaning breathable waterproof horse rugs such as those made by Rambo.
Benefits of using Nikwax® Rug Wash:
- It prolongs the life of horse rugs and optimises performance
- It maintains breathability
- It maintains original water-repellency
- It’s easy to apply - can be used in a domestic or commerical washing machine
- Suitable for use on all rugs - including those with breathable membranes
- It lifts out dirt that can attract water and mask water repellent finishes
- Unlike detergents, it does not leave behind water attractive residues which encourage ‘wetting-out’
- It will remove detergent residues left behind by previous washes
- WaterBased - environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non-flammable, non-hazardous
- Does not contain fluorocarbons
When to use Nikwax® Rug Wash:
- All equestrian horse rugs including high activity and technically advanced rugs
- Recommended for use on Rambo rugs
Always apply Nikwax® Rug Wash to new or used horse rugs to keep items in perfect condition. We recommend you clean items with Nikwax® Rug Wash before proofing them with Nikwax® Rug Proof
You should be able to wash reproofed rugs frequently. Re-proof rugs with Nikwax®
at least once a year.
Use neat Nikwax® Rug Wash and a sponge or soft nylon brush to treat stubborn stains before washing. Remove all non-washable parts. Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions. Do not use detergents.Machine wash:
Hand wash (use gloves):
- Remove all detergent build-up from the detergent dispenser
- Place 1 item in washing machine (maximum 1 rug per load)
- Ensure washing machine is large enough to allow freedom of movement for rug in drum
- Use 150 ml per rug
- Wash according to care label. Choose a cycle that will allow the rug to rinse thoroughly
- Spread rug on clean area and wet thoroughly with a hose
- Dilute 1 part Rug Wash with 2 parts hot water
- Use brush to scrub the solution into fabric paying attention to dirty areas
- Rinse thoroughly in clean water
Air dry or tumble dry on a low setting if care label allows.
Proof rugs at least once a year with Nikwax® Rug Proof. No need to dry item(s) before waterproofing. Refer to Nikwax® commercial leaflet for commercial washing.
Advice from our panel of experts
More advice from our experts