Wash-in waterproofing for wet weather clothing adding water-repellency and reviving breathability to fabrics without wicking liners.
Benefits of using Nikwax® TX.Direct Wash-In:
- Adds / renews water repellency and revives breathability
- Prolongs the life of gear and optimises outdoor performance
- Easy-to-apply - can be used in a washing machine, no tumble drying required
- Will not affect cosmetic appearance
- Water-based - environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non-flammable, non-hazardous
- Does not contain fluorocarbons
- Guaranteed performance for 4 years from manufacture
When to use Nikwax® TX.Direct Wash-In:
- Clothing with drop liners
- Microporous coatings
- Triplepoint Ceramic
- Microfibre fabrics
- Breathable laminates
After cleaning and re-proofing clothing, maintain its waterproofing qualities by frequent cleaning with Nikwax® Tech Wash
. After 6 to 8 washes with Nikwax® Tech Wash, re-apply Nikwax® TX.Direct Wash-In to re-proof.
Remember you don’t have to wait to dry between cleaning and re-proofing.
For best results remove all non-washable parts and always clean item(s) first with Nikwax® Tech Wash in a separate wash cycle. No need to dry item(s) before waterproofing. Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions.Machine wash:
- Remove all detergent build-up from the detergent dispenser
- Place maximum of 2 clean garments in washing machine
- Use 2 full caps (100ml) per garment
- Run 30° synthetic cycle and slow spin
Do not machine wash garments if taped seams have become dislodged*.Hand wash (use gloves):
- Immerse 1 clean garment in 6L of hand-hot water in a bowl or sink
- Add 1 full cap (50 ml) of Nikwax® TX.Direct
- Agitate to mix, leave to soak for 5-10 minutes, then agitate thoroughly
- Rinse with cold water until water runs clear
Air dry or tumble dry on a low setting if care label allows. To maintain waterproofing always wash with Nikwax® Tech Wash. Do not
*Faulty taped seams sometimes become detached on old or worn garments. They can be re-stuck using a proprietary clear glue after waterproofing and drying.
Advice from our panel of experts
More advice from our experts