Wash-in waterproofing for cotton, polycotton and canvas adding water-repellency and reviving breathability.
Benefits of using Nikwax® Wax Cotton Proof:
- Adds water repellency to cotton and polycotton and maintains breathability
- Prolongs the life of gear and optimises performance in wet weather
- Easy to apply - can be used in a washing machine or by hand, no tumble drying required
- Can be used on wet fabric
- Inhibits rotting of canvas caused by dampness
- Will not affect cosmetic appearance
- WaterBased - environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non-flammable, non-hazardous
- Does not contain fluorocarbons
When to use Nikwax® Wax Cotton Proof:
- Cotton clothing and equipment such as tents
- Polycotton clothing and equipment
- Canvas equipment
Apply Nikwax® Wax Cotton Proof to used cotton, polycotton or canvas to keep items in water-repellent condition. Remember to clean gear first with Nikwax® Tech Wash
before applying Nikwax® Wax Cotton Proof (you don’t have to wait for items to dry between cleaning and proofing).
- Place clean item in a washing machine
- Apply Nikwax® Cotton Proof in the machine’s dispenser
- Select a cotton wash cycle, start machine and complete rinse cycle
- Alternatively, just apply Nikwax in a simple hand wash
- Drip-dry or tumble dry on a low setting if the care label allows
To proof clothing, use 2 full caps (100 ml) for 1 item and 3 full caps (150 ml) for 2-3 items.
Advice from our panel of experts
More advice from our experts