Maize (corn) distiller's grains with solubles dehydrated, heat stabilised flax meal, calcium carbonate, partially hydrogenated vegetable fat, propionic acid, mixed tocopherols (a natural preservative), BHT/BHA (as a preservative), artificial flavour.
Farnam Weight Builder:
- Provides extra calories in the form of fat (40%) for maintaining body condition and fuel for performance
- Contains flax meal which is high in omega-3 fatty acids
- Contains protein, fat, fibre, calcium and phosphorous in guaranteed analysis
- Calcium:phosphorous ratio is balanced so it can be fed with other equine supplements
- Also enhances skin and coat condition
- Add to any feed
Traditionally, horses needing more calories for increased stamina were fed more grain. However, excessive amounts of grain can lead to digestive upset, such as colic, diarrhea and even laminitis. Plus, grains are digested as simple sugars, which can make a horse 'hot' or hyperactive.Benefits of adding fat to horses' diets:
- Maintains and supports body weight
- Supports skin, coat and overall body condition
- Easily metabolised. No digestive tract upset
- More calories than equal weights of grain therefore less volume needs to be fed
- Allows for decreased heat production
- Spares glycogen stores in muscles
To improve skin and coat condition, feed one scoop (56 g) daily with regular grain ration.
For weight gain, feed 2 scoops (112 g) daily with regular grain ration.
Depending on a horse's activity level and condition, up to 4 scoops (224 g) of Farnam Weight Builder may be fed daily with no adverse effects.
Advice from our panel of experts
More advice from our experts